Your journey into a lifetime of music starts here!
Music can manifest itself in every human emotion. Music is powerful; it can inspire and bring joy to everyone.
Learning to play the piano brings a lifetime of benefits, many of which are unrelated to any ability to actually play.
When a student studies music, significant elements of his or her education find focus and expression.
• Developing the ability to understand and use symbols in new contexts
• Finding and directing the power of personal creativity and self-expression.
• Exercising the diverse skills of problem solving
• Participating in the deeply human satisfaction of shared work and meeting new challenges.
Piano Instruction offers exciting possibilities in two directions.
• Musical intelligence: Research on intelligence and cognitive function points to the possibility that music may be a form of intelligence,
not merely a manifestation of it. This exciting possibility is well worth exploring for its potential to all forms of education.
• Developmental gain: Music education, especially at an early age, can help open the door to important benefits. Involvement in music
powerfully reinforces such crucial characteristics as self-esteem, self-discipline, creativity, and self-expression. It helps develop
problem-solving skills, integrates subject matter across all curriculums, and correlates highly with overall academic achievement.
"Music connects us to our history, traditions, and heritage."